27 May Aloo Gobi / cauliflower
Aloo Gobi / cauliflower
Prep time 10 mins | Cook Time 30 mins | Total Time 40 mins | Servings 4-6
Aloo Gobi / cauliflower is a healthy dish in which onions and potatoes are used to make it right. I am making it in several different ways and in different forms. It is a super simple dish which gets ready so soon.You surely love to eat this with roti or paratha. You can make it in your breakfast as well as for your lunch.
Aloo Gobi / cauliflower is one of my favorite food. This is a simple food and super easy to make. It is a healthy and tasty food. Those who don’t like Aloo Gobi / cauliflower and will try this recipe, are going to love this recipe.
Who doesn’t like eating Aloo Gobi / cauliflower?
Aloo Gobi / cauliflower- Gobi Gosht – Tandoori Gobi – Gobi masaledar – Aloo Gobi Restaurant Style – Gobi ka Paratha
Aloo Gobi / cauliflower is a vegetarian dish from the Indian sub-continent made with potatoes. This is a common and favorite dish in Pakistan and India. Potatoes are added in it with cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Sometimes garam masala and curry leaves are also added in this dish.
It has an interesting flavor, depending on the ingredients used, it can be sweet as well as salty. The garam masala in this dish give it a bit of sweet flavor.
|Total Fat||6 g||Potassium||1,004 mg|
|Saturated||1 g||Total Carbs||35 g|
|Polyunsaturated||2 g||Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Monounsaturated||3 g||Sugars||2 g|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
It can be served with flat bread or white rice.
Prep time 10 mins | Cook Time 30mins |Total Time 40 mins
Cuisine: Indian and Pakistani
Servings: 4 – 6
- 1/2 Cauliflower, medium head cut into florets.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 tsp salt
How to cook
- In oil, add chopped onion and fry until it is a pinkish brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and mix well.
- Cook till it changes to a light brown.
- Add salt, red chilies, cumin, coriander seeds, turmeric and cook for 1 min.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes until the oil and paste are separated.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 mins on a low/medium heat.
- Now put cauliflower and mix well.
- Add water and turn the heat low till the cauliflower/potato mixture becomes soft.
- Mix in fresh coriander, green chilies and a sprinkle of garam masala on high heat for 30 seconds.
- Serve this yummy Aloo Gobi with roti (flat bread/chapatti) or rice.
- Don’t cook aloo Gobi on high heat.
- Put on simmer in the end.
- Don’t add too much water.
- You can add long strips of cut ginger before eating if you have stomach issues.
- You can make a paratha/wrap with leftovers.
#aloogobi #aloogobimasala #aloogobiparatha #cauliflower #cauliflowers #cauliflowerpotatosoup #cauliflowersalad #cauliflowercrust #cauliflowerpatties #CauliflowerScramble #cauliflowerchicken #potatoesarelife #potatoesarevegan #potatoesofinstagram #potatoeskins #potatoeslover #potatoeslovers #potatoesfries #potatoesfordays #componentsforcauliflowerandpotatoes #greenchili #gingergarlicpaste #garammasala #redchilipowder #freshcoriander #delicious#vegetarianfood #veganfood #vegetarianrecipes #vegetariancurry