11 May Semolina Pudding/porridge
Semolina pudding/porridge is an easy and healthy breakfast that little ones love to eat. This is a real classic which is always delicious creamy porridge.
Semolina is basically made of 2 ingredients:but you can make it as sweet and flavorful as you like.
When, I was a child, my mum used to make it for the whole family.
My mum is an incredible cook and a perfectionist, so anything that comes out of her kitchen is guaranteed to be the best version of anything.
When made in the wrong way, Semolina pudding/porridge can be bland, lacking in flavor, but the way my mum taught me is a no fail recipe.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 2-3 cardamom
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar/jaggery
- 1/2 cup milk/water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
In a medium frying pan, add ghee and melt it down on a low heat and then add cardamom.
Slowly, pour in semolina and stir continuously until it changes its color.
Meanwhile, mix brown sugar/jaggery (amount depends upon taste) with a generous amount of cinnamon powder.
Slowly pour in milk/water and bring to boil stirring frequently to prevent sticking on a medium heat. Cook the semolina in the milk/water until the grains begin to toast and turn a deep golden color and becomes thick.
Remove the pan from the heat carefully and pour in the serving bowl.
- The semolina will sizzle, bubble and spatter so be careful not to burn the semolina.
- stir at regular intervals of time to prevent lumps formation. If lumps are formed, whisk gently and be careful not to spill the hot semolina.
- If the semolina is not thick enough after the standing time, cook for extra time and check the consistency.
- You can add powdered crush nuts in the bowl if you like.